Dave Boon - MD
What’s your background?
- I was a Professional Golfer for 10 years playing in the UK and Europe whilst also teaching and coaching amateurs and other professionals. When I realised I wasn’t going to become a millionaire playing golf I turned to business. For the past 8 years I have worked in recruitment across a range of sectors in varying roles right up to Head of Company.
What does your day-to-day job involve?
- I divide my time between leading and motivating a great team of knowledgeable and dedicated consultants, working with Alan to set the strategy and shape for the future of AIM and managing the busy Technical desk. As AIM’s ultimate intent is to be the number one company in Food Manufacturing Recruitment my daily tasks are focused on driving us towards that goal. I’m keen that our consultants are always looking to improve not only personally as stand out professionals in the industry but in their relationships and knowledge so we can offer the best Interim and Permanent solution in the market place.
What’s your favourite part of the job?
- Talking to the candidates. Finding out about them, their careers and their desires and then finding a job that fits them perfectly. Knowing that I’m a small part of the reason why that person is in work feels good.
What are your interests outside of work?
- I devote most of my time to my wife and 2 children. I still play golf occasionally. My wife, 7-year-old son and I are all massive Nottingham Forest Fans and thanks to my 5-year old daughter I must confess I’m now also a huge Disney fan!
If a film were made about your life tomorrow who would you cast to play you as
a young adult? Taron Egerton – Hero wearing a suit, simple!
your current age? Tom Cruise – Just like Tom I do my own stunts!
in old age? George Clooney – we share the same looks
If you were represented by a cartoon character which would it be?
- Maui in Moana – some would say that myself and Dwayne Johnson have a similar physique!!
Who is your all time sports hero?
- Seve Ballesteros – The greatest shot making golfer ever. The man who mastered the “hit it, find it and hit it again” way of playing.
- Oh and of course Sir Brian Clough.
What makes you smile?
- My children, every day. They are crazy, loving, strange and brilliant … and that’s all before breakfast.
What makes you cringe?
- Pushy parents and 95% of the internet
What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
What 3 words would others use to describe you?
- Micky taker
What super power would you like to have?
- The ability to eat and drink whatever I wanted and yet stay thin!!
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
- It’s best to say sorry than ask for permission (in some circumstances).
Seeing as we’re recruiting food manufacturers – what’s your favourite food?
- Italian, Indian, Chinese, Chippy, Mexican – in short anything – refer back to my sought after super power!
- 07775 557150