AIM are proud to be working on an exclusive basis with a well known and prominent North East Lincolnshire based food manufacturer who due to recent growth and continued financial investment are looking for an Assistant Technical Manager to join their Technical team on a permanent basis, this role reports directly to the Head of Technical.
We have been working with this business for several years and they really do have a fantastic culture, ethos and working environment where you would undoubtedly be very happy.
Our client is looking for someone to help drive their technical function forward whilst always aiming for continuous improvement and excellence. You should have experience in a similar role and if you have already worked at a site supplying multiple major retailers would be a strong advantage.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role include:
- Responsible for site risk assessments including HACCP and authenticity.
- The measurement of the standards in place at the sites, through your own audits, monitoring of GMP’s and the provision of auditing support to other sites as part of the inter-site audit program.
- To work with the Technical team supporting common systems development, including the implementation of customer specific systems, facilitating customer visits/audits, and managing product launches. To provide and support the technical function through the provision of up-to-date documentary evidence stored and managed in a logical data system.
- To monitor routine QA/RMQA records, analytical results, and their trends.
- Supporting product development launches from 1st stages of NPD through process development to launch production for smaller customer accounts and in support of central account managers.
- To support external, third party and customer audits of the business.
- Writing internal QAS specifications
- Approval of new product specifications and associated artwork, and ongoing management / maintenance of existing customer specifications.
- Develop and maintain technical and QA/RMQA training materials and support any additional production training
- Maintenance of the QMS document and non-conformance management systems including maintaining and monitoring the sites corrective actions to ensure that they address root causes.
- Manage the operation of third party services including pest control, external calibration.
- Support to the site hygiene manager in procedures and systems
- To be part of the sites operations team working to manage and improve legality, safety, quality and efficiency
- To provide weekend and bank holiday cover as required
- To provide cover for site TM as required
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further develop their career in food manufacturing with a business that has the capacity to offer genuine career progression and a culture that promotes development of their staff.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply and I will get in touch to set up a call so we can discuss in more detail, I look forward to hearing from you!