Role title: Contract Multi-skilled Engineer (Elec bias)
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a Multi-skilled Contract Engineer to join a leading food manufacturer based in the Leicestershire region.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of the Engineers role is to facilitate the achievement of factory KPIs through the application of engineering / maintenance principles, the development of the engineering / maintenance workforce and the appropriate application of engineering technology whilst adhering to company policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Apply maintenance principles in accordance with strategy agreed by Factory Engineer. Organise and plan the maintenance activities so that the assets are maintained safely and cost effectively meeting agreed production performance.
- Responsible for scope & deliverables on all capital projects, in accordance with individual project requirements.
- Responsible for plant, services, process maintenance, performance and long-term development
- Time served Electrical / mechanical Apprenticeship with recognised ONC / HNC qualification in Electrical engineering.
- Proven Electrical and Mechanical Experience in FMCG industry or similar.
- Mechanical qualification would also be beneficial but not essential.
- Understanding and experience of PLC’s, Inverters and variable speed drives.
- 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations essential.
- To be conversant Health and Safety requirements directly relating to the engineering function.
- Working knowledge of CMMS.
- Wide range of knowledge of functional engineering disciplines.
- Ability to solve problems using a logical thought process and implement solutions to prevent re occurrences.
- Able to operate under pressure in a fast-moving technical environment.
Our client is an organisation who pride themselves on creating high quality food and have exceed many recognised industry standards. If you are as serious about food as they are and ready to help us make a difference, we would like to hear from you.
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.