Role title: Engineering Maintenance Planner
Location: South Lincolnshire
Salary: £35,000 pa + benefits
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a Engineering Maintenance Planner to join our client and their engineering team at their South Lincolnshire factory.
The role will involve organising, planning and preparing detailed individual engineering tasks, to ensure that they are executed by others in a safe, efficient and timely manner through the use of the maintenance planning system. The successful candidate will be logical in their approach with either a time served engineer, or graduate engineer background.
- To proactively drive and manage the use of the CMMS system across the site and champion maintenance best practice through the ‘hands-on’ engineers working collaboratively with your peers.
- To efficiently plan all maintenance activities, prioritising maintenance of critical assets to minimise engineering downtime. Moving the engineering maintenance strategy from a OTF situation to a proactive environment using ‘criticality assessment’ and Failure Modes Effect and Criticality Analysis.
- Using Condition Based Monitoring to support the step change in performance and efficiency of the existing assets through continuous improvement techniques.
- To develop achievable plans for all maintenance activities according to the CA and FMECA process and ensure issued maintenance plans are clearly prioritised.
- Ensure all required resources are available to deliver the maintenance strategy including external resource as required.
- Liaise with production, planning, maintenance and hygiene to ensure maintenance plans are bought into by all.
- Ensure adequate records are kept on the CMMS of all maintenance activities including statutory inspections.
- Ensure BOM available as required for engineering activities using ‘just in time’ techniques.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in an engineering maintenance team with good systems abilities AND/OR
- An existing experienced Engineer looking to move off the tools and into planning & coordination, with good systems abilities and previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong team working, communication, problem solving and prioritisation skills.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Be flexible and be able to work on own initiative.
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on email@example.com or call 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.