HEAD OF OPERATIONS
The Head of Operations will be responsible for overseeing the production and distribution of a range of food products. The Head of Ops will ensure the organization is running smoothly to meet the expectations and needs of the customers. The position will interface directly with executive leadership, customers, department managers, and third parties to drive profitable growth and continuous improvement of company processes.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• To manage & plan the day to day operations of the facility from procurement through distribution.
• To coordinate all plant functions, including processing, cleaning, maintenance, budgets, procurement & employees.
• To ensure the COGS are in line with the strategic objectives.
• To deliver factory process flow changes that make sense in order to streamline processing and ultimately reduce waste.
• To interview, train & evaluate staff to build a robust team.
• Assist Human Resources in addressing staff performance.
• Ensure the compliance of employees of the GMP’s and SOP’s & that the proper use of equipment is maintained.
• Comply with all regulatory agency requirements concerning food, environmental and employee safety.
• Responsible for expense control, including shrinkage, labor and overhead costs.
• Work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance (QA) supervisor in maintaining practices in the factory that assures product quality and safety.
• To ensure the company is meeting its ISO 22000 standards & work on improvements in quality.
• To deliver on the objectives of the strategic plan.
• To provide appropriate operational efficiency insights to ensure the business continues to delivery on its long-term strategy.
• To ensure all external stakeholders are professionally handled to enable Brown’s to carry out its activities unencumbered.
• Consistently stay ahead of competition through excellence driver activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field.
• A combination of functional experience, intellectual insights and change management experience.
• Minimum 5 years in a management position.
• Outstanding leadership capability – able to engage others
• Ability to embrace operational excellence and thrives on delivering results in a continually evolving environment.
• Experience in a manufacturing especially food a plus.
• Experience with continuous improvement & process optimization (Kaizen, ISO 9000, TQM)
• Strong excel skills, ideally experience with an ERP system.