AIM Recruitment have a new opportunity for an experienced HSE Manager to join a large food manufacturer in the East Midlands. You will need to be a hands on professional with a proven ability to influence and engage with staff of all levels to improve the functioning H&S processes. You will have a direct reporting line into the CEO, and as such must be able to articulate to a high level as you will be working closely with the senior management team.
This role is based within a mid sized family owned food manufacturing business with plans for modernization and expansion. The role was created a few years ago to improve internal procedures therefore requires someone with a softer collaborative approach, as the business has staff with a good level of tenure and will challenge changes to the status quo, therefore need to be consulted before decisions are made.
£45,000 – £55,000
- Prepare Health Safety & Environment strategies to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment by the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of HSE Policies systems and work procedures
- Manage a team of 3 part time security personnel
You will ideally be from a food manufacturing background, however candidates with FMCG/Pharma/Packaging experience will also be considered.
If this sounds like it fits your experience and ambitions moving forward, please do get in contact with Jordan on 01159 234 651 to discuss the opportunity further.