AIM Recruitment have a new opportunity for an experienced HSE Manager to join a large food manufacturer in the Midlands. You will need to be a hands on professional with a proven ability to influence and engage with staff of all levels to improve the functioning H&S processes. You will have a direct reporting line into the CEO, and as such must be able to articulate to a high level as you will be working closely with the senior management team.
This role is based within a mid sized family owned food manufacturing business with plans for modernization and expansion. The role was created a few years ago to improve internal procedures therefore requires someone with a softer collaborative approach, as the business has staff with a good level of tenure and will challenge changes to the status quo, therefore need to be consulted before decisions are made.
- Prepare Health Safety & Environment strategies to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment by the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of HSE Policies systems and work procedures
You will ideally be from a food manufacturing background, however candidates with FMCG/Pharma/Packaging experience will also be considered.