Role: Multi-Skilled Engineer (No biased required)
Salary: Circa £39,000 + Time and a half at weekend
AIM Recruitment are proud to be working with this established and growing Food manufacturer to source for them a Multi-Skilled Engineer (no bias required) to join ASAP.
Working a rotating shift pattern of 6am – 2pm or 2pm – 10pm, you’ll also have the opportunity to earn time and a half over the weekend and enjoy 28 days holiday with a 3% pension in place.
Please see below for a Job description:
Overall Purpose of the Job
To provide first class mechanical and electrical engineering assistance to contribute in the smooth operation of the organisation’s production objectives and targets.
Main Duties of the Job
• Ensure food safety legislation and guidelines as well as company policy are adhered to.
• Report any issues to the Engineering Manager in a timely manner.
• To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
• To ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures.
• To ensure that all area working in complies with hygiene audits, both internal and external.
• To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
• Control and minimise waste.
• Play an active part in continuous improvement.
• To diagnose and fix all electrical and mechanical issues on machinery with minimum disruption to production.
• Basic fitting duties, component fixing, inspecting machinery and minor fabrication to be carried out in accordance with requirements.
• Ensure all completed work is safe and hygienic and complies with FSA and health and safety legislation.
• To have a duty of care to yourself and others.
• Completing all necessary daily records as required by the company.
• To be vigilant and aware in relation to detecting and rectifying any issues which may arise affecting the performance / safety of plant or equipment.
• Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
• Drive own personal development through training and work based experience.
• To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
• Flexible approach to working hours.
• Production facility producing freshly prepared vegetables for a range of food customers throughout the UK.
• Shifts may change due to the nature of the business as we go in and out of peak seasons.
• Engineering Team consists of Engineering Assistants, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, and an Engineering Manager.
• Reporting into the Engineering Manager / Factory Manager.
• Supporting the Production Team on shift.
Hours of Work Remuneration
40 hours per week (averaged over 52 weeks).
Hours of operation of the business 24/7 – will need to be flexible in order to meet the demands of the business.
30 minutes for lunch – unpaid.
Further breaks may be allocated at the discretion of your Line Manager, and as such are paid.
Flexible approach to working hours in order to meet the demands of the business.
Engineers tend to work on a shift system of 06:00-14:00 / 14:00 – 22:00 and occasional nights when business needs demand. £as per contract of employment.
Time ½ on Saturdays and Sundays.
Benefits Essential Qualifications / Experience
• 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
• Bank Holidays are worked and taken in lieu. • Factory based maintenance skills.
• Mechanical qualification.
• Good communication skills
• Driven and motivated.
• Previous experience in a production environment.
• Positive attitude to work colleagues.
Other Points to Note Desired Qualifications / Experience
• Overtime must be agreed and approved in writing with Line Manager prior to working.
• Must adhere to all procedures laid out in Employee Handbook and Health & Safety Handbook. • Food hygiene qualification.
• Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing industry.
If you are interested please apply through this page, or call on 01159234651.