In this role you will assume responsibility for the integrity of equipment and will provide full engineering support under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders and Engineering Manager
- Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM’s where possible.
- Resolve machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- To assist in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements.
- A team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Have the ability to work effectively within a factory environment and perform under pressure.
- Complete all engineering work to high engineering, quality, safety and hygiene standards.
- Be flexible with working hours.
- Proficient in English (literacy and numeracy).
- Formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferably two to three years’ experience in a fast moving industry.
- Knowledge and experience of the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred.
- Previous experience of food processing equipment is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams with experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters and PLC’s (desirable but not essential).
Hours of Work
- Working a shift pattern combining Dayshift 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am
Salary 42k + Benefits