Title: Supply Chain Manager
Salary: Circa £55,000 + Benefits
Working closely with our customer, lead the Supply Chain team in forecasting product demand and delivering robust production planning of fore-casted orders through the factory conversion process, dictating the material, ingredient, packaging and labour needs driven from standard costs.
- Manage the Customer Demand Planning process, liaising daily with the customer demand planners and internal site planning team.
- Develop and embed team and factory processes, systems and ways of working that drive accurate demand and production planning and effective communication to necessary stakeholders
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Supply Chain function and for leading, motivating, inspiring team members.
- Use acquired supply chain understanding and experience to coach and develop team members to improve their output.
- Demand forecasting – Short term forecast in conjunction with Site planning Team and long term forecast in conjunction with the Commercial team.
- Sales and promotion analysis.
- Manage promotional forecast and volumes in conjunction with Customer demand planners, using both historical and forecast analysis and statistics.
- Analysis of sales trends to maximize profitability to both the business and the customer.
- Ensure that targets are met, if necessary by implementing corrective actions.
- Ensure strong relationships are built and that there is an excellent communication and information flow with the Customer.
- Prepare and present a suite of relevant KPIs and metrics that aid understanding of Supply Chain performance, product demand and order fulfilment
- In conjunction with other members of the Supply Chain team, monitor and update factory plans in line with customer demands, stock build provisions and promotional activities.
- Aid in monitoring the accuracy of the sales forecasts, highlighting significant deviations on a monthly basis.
Skills and experience
- 8+ years Supply Chain / Production /Demand planning experience gained preferably within a food manufacturing setting –ideally with exposure to short shelf-life products
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Logical and structured thinker, capable of thinking about the bigger picture and with talent and experience in scheduling, forecasting and modelling with large data sets.
- Experience of managing teams in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- First class capabilities with building and maintaining strong customer relationships and collaborative partnerships
- Excellent problem solving capabilities; able to use own initiative to solve problems to alleviate potential service issues.
- Excellent IT skills with experience working with factory planning / MRP systems.