Job Title: Product Management Director
Package: £100,000+ Salary. Bonus, Stock Option, Pension
This an opportunity for a highly experienced and talented Product Management Director to make a significant contribution to the development and growth of a young company. Our client develops and markets hygiene technologies for the food production industry. Our solutions have gained a high level of interest with some of the largest players in the market and we are very well positioned for expansion.
We are looking for a Product Management Director with the ability to process complex issues and work with multi-disciplinary teams and technologies. Preferably with an Engineering background you will have an appetite to solve the challenges of the Food Industry and to lead the design and development of new products. You will have extensive experience of taking a product from initial concept right through to product launch and full lifecycle management. Ideally you will have experience of developing products for a regulated market, and delivering innovative solutions in chemical processing; liquid handling and sensing.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful outcomes when taking a product to market, from requirements gathering, product design, development and manufacturing, through to customer installations and data analytics, ideally within a regulated sector.
- Excellent market analysis, and strong customer requirement gathering competence
- Electrical/Mechanical/Design/Chemical Engineering Degree.
- Good understanding of project management principles and technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of quality standards ISO9001 certification.
- Working knowledge of relevant food industry regulations and required compliance with CE marking and risk assessments
- Experienced in building and managing a team.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, whilst bringing clarity to the product roadmap.
- Strong stakeholder management abilities.
- A real pragmatist who can cut through the complexity of a highly technical product portfolio.
- Owning and delivering the definition, design, engineering, marketing, sales, support and commercial success of a range of the company’s products in line with the company’s goals.
- Working to collate and define new product concepts and features from customer and market feedback.
- Working with the executive management team, Board and external collaborators to document the business, financial, scientific and technical justifications for undertaking proposed developments.
- Working with the senior management team to present the justifications for the new product concepts and features as a coordinated product plan and roadmap for approval by the Board.
- Liaising with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the science, engineering and technology required to deliver all approved product developments is documented in a development project plan and that they are proceeding on time and to the agreed specification.
- Liaising with the Marketing, Sales and Support teams to ensure the definition and execution of a coordinated plan of user testing, product release, marketing, sales and support training activity to optimize the commercial success of each product.
- Work with the company advisors and/or Technical Writer to ensure full, informative and accurate documentation of the products.
- Establishing pilot projects with potential partners to evaluate the scientific and commercial potential of new product ideas and technologies.
- Develop product descriptions, customer benefits, application notes, blogs and supporting all Marketing, Sales and Support activities as requested by those departments.
- Build and manage a team of Product Managers & Development Engineers.
- Build prototypes and contribute to research and development activities.
If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me to learn more.