Posted on 13/03/2020 in
- Create, communicate, and maintain weekly production and capacity plans, incorporating sales history, current inventory, current customer orders, base forecasts, and promotion forecasts
- Create, communicate, and maintain daily production and resource schedules. This requires a minimum daily review of schedule attainment and changes in customer demand.
- Create, communicate, and maintain weekly material demand, and daily material delivery schedules
- Maintain and improve existing models for the activities listed above
- Plan and schedule within all constraints, including customer service requirements, material availability, and limits on shelf-life, resource capacity, and space.
- Ensure plans and schedules are met. Investigate and report on variances.
- Identify and report potential capacity, labour, material problems well in advance.
- Lead daily Operations meeting with Plant Manager and managers from Production, QA, Maintenance, Purchasing
- Review yesterday’s results, today’s progress, tomorrow’s plan
- Discuss plant issues and ideas
- Assign action items and review outstanding action items
- Correspond regularly with Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Shipping/Receiving to stay informed, and share information.
Requirements for this position
- High performer who is, analytical, and reliable, with strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a key role with strong interpersonal and priority management skills
- Strong command of the English language
- High-powered computer user with MS Excel experience, including use of formulas and pivot tables.
- Strong mathematical competence
- Basic understanding of manufacturing, and supply chain’s role in manufacturing
- Passion for a Supply Chain career in food manufacturing.