Role title: Technical Manager
Location: South East London
Salary: Circa £70,000 + Benefits
Technically responsible for the relevant business unit (Prepared Produce / Meal Solutions) overseeing a quality management system that facilitates monitoring and compliance with audit, legislative and customer technical standards. Provide structure and support to the divisional Technical team, delivering a program of development and coaching across each site. Outline site strategy and functional targets, whilst also working closely with customers to ensure that standards are delivered and learnings are shared. This role will report directly into the Head of Technical on site.
- Maintains highest food safety and quality site standards
- Develops and continuously nurtures long term strategic relationships with the senior leadership of the business, creating a culture of cooperation and collaboration, both within own team, and across other functional teams, that will deliver functional and business objectives.
- Leads, develops and engages the Technical Team, motivating them to deliver outstanding performance through their teams.
- Creates an environment that embraces a positive culture of development – ultimately responsible for the development and succession planning of the leadership team.
- Responsible for driving the culture of a safe workplace.
- Responsible for ensuring an ethically compliant operation that is truly a brilliant place to work’.
- Delivery of customer KPIs/QIPs
- Delivery of business Technical and Quality KPIs
- Performance of Site Technical Teams
- Customer Technical relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- RTE, Fresh Produce, FMCG, Food to Go
- Retail and Food Service Technical Standards
- Proven experience of working with Multiple Retailers and Food Service customers
- Project Management
- Working knowledge of Food Microbiology and analysis
- Able to set and manage to clearly agreed budgets
- Food Science degree (or equivalent)
- Food Safety Level 4
- HACCP Level 4