We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this Policy either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Kate Donaldson, AIM Recruitment, 27 Rectory Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham. NG2 6BE. Alternatively, you can telephone 0115 923 4651.
How do we collect information from you?
Our team are aware of the importance of handling data safely and securely and understand the procedures we have in place to ensure this happens.
We collect information from you when you apply for positions we advertise, when you submit a CV, when we work together on a role and when you make an enquiry about our services via our team either in person, over the telephone, by email or online.
We also collect information from LinkedIn and other such publicly accessible resources.
All information is obtained in order to perform legitimate tasks in the course of carrying out recruitment.
In running and operating our website, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. We collect information relating to website users by using cookies (see details below).
What type of information is collected from you?
The data we collect from you may be classed as ‘personal data’ – information about an individual who can be identified by it.
The information we collect about you might include the following;
- your name
- your address and postcode
- your email address
- your telephone number / mobile number
- your employment status and salary details
- your passport and bank details if we have placed you in a role
- your IP address
- your web browser type and version
- any information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when
The data we may collect:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering a vacancy or applying for a role.
- Information you provide by other means when applying for a role or registering a vacancy.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use our website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service and may be sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal data to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
How will we use the data about you?
We may use your information:
- to process your application for a vacancy;
- to provide you with information about other similar vacancies when they arise;
- to manage the recruitment process with you;
- to provide you with information about our services;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our business or website, including improvements and service or product changes
- to send you communications that may be of interest to you. These may include information about vacancies, market intelligence, immediately available candidates, candidates that may be of interest and
- You can stop these communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us via telephone or in writing (please see ‘How to opt out’ below)
- for our internal purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, quality control, website performance and evaluation, improvements to products and services.
Who has access to your information?
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act of 1984 and 1998, we follow procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss of information under our control. Our security measure may mean that we will require proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
With your permission sufficient of your details will be passed across to clients in the course of the recruitment process to enable the client to communicate with you and in due course for the compilation of contracts in respect of successful appointments.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example Mail Chimp to send you marketing communications from AIM Recruitment). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we ensure their own Privacy Policies are in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We have secure password protected databases.
Whilst we take appropriate measures, both technical and organisational, to safeguard your personal data you provide us, we cannot guarantee that transmissions over the internet are totally secure, therefore the transfer of personal data via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
If AIM Recruitment were to be sold to a third party your personal data would be amongst the assets of the business transferred to the new owner.
The transfer of your information outside of Europe
Retention of information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If we have placed you either with one of our clients or you have been employed directly by us, we are required by law to hold your data for 6 years.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list we may still hold your personal data on our database to the extent permitted by law.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email email@example.com or telephone 0115 923 4651 and we will process your request within 7 days
Your ‘right to be forgotten’ and access. You are legally entitled to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you and that you have the legal right to forbid this data being provided to any third parties. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information AIM Recruitment holds about you at any time. Please use the contact details below if you would like to receive a copy. The accuracy of your information is also important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: AIM Recruitment, 27 Rectory Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham. NG2 6BE . Alternatively, you can telephone 0115 923 4651.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
To find out more about how to manage cookies through your chosen browser go to www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Links to other websites
If you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact email@example.com and we will try to resolve your concerns.