Senior Engineering Manager (Yorkshire)
My Client is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.6 billion and 137,000 employees in 50 countries.
The bakery sites in Yorkshire specialising in own-label baked goods, we supply to a customer base across all channels; food service wholesalers, contract catering, end users, export and retail.
An exciting opportunity exists for the position of Senior Engineering Manager ; Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager you will have responsibility for the Engineering Function, leading the team that puts safety first whilst driving operational efficiencies within a 24/6 fast moving bakery operation.
This role will manage the reactive engineering team to ensure that equipment is repaired, serviced, maintained and operationally safe. The role holder will be a key member of the site management team, with full accountability for the site’s facilities and Health & Safety standards including control of contractors and permits to work
- Enforce adherence to legal compliance including health, safety and well-being.
- Ensuring that the engineering team carry out their work with due diligence and in compliance with food & personal safety, legal and quality requirements
- Lead, motivate and develop the Reactive Engineering team.
- Build capability at all levels within the team so that we have the right people, who have the desire to deliver the right performance at the appropriate pace.
- Maintain and promote a food safe working environment by being the custodian of engineering standards.
- Optimise operational performance using planned, preventative engineering techniques.
- Deliver against budgeted targets for expenditure and labour.
- Support capital investment projects and project manage defined projects as required
- Monitor and manage daily priorities of team of Shift Engineers
- You will be an energised pro-active leader, who can build capability, manage complex situations and implement change.
- Of graduate calibre, with a degree in engineering, you will have a minimum of 5 years senior management experience, ideally gained within an FMCG or Food Manufacturing environment.
- You will have comprehensive experience of planned preventative maintenance systems, progressive maintenance techniques and continuous improvement skills that deliver operational improvements.
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company values
- Takes ownership, sets standards & takes personal responsibility for performance.
- To always adhere to the Company Safety First requirements.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.